The Bike Kitchen will be open 11-2 PM Saturday May 20 for the Bike Expo. Please stop in to say Hi. We’ll have folks on site to check out your bikes!
Bike Month Events (via Northcoast Environmental Center)
- May 7-13: Bike to Work Week in Arcata and there are some sweet deals that week for biking to Bike Friendly Businesses.
- Thursday May 11: Bike to Work Day Arcata. Start with an Energizer Station at Arcata Co-Op 7am-9:30am and Noon Rally at the Plaza 12pm-1pm.
- Friday May 12: Bike-thru Breakfast at Revolution Bikes Arcata store, 7am-9am.
- Saturday May 13: Fortuna Bike Rodeo, 10am-1pm Newburg Park. Contact Emily Apodaca at firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 14 – 20: Bike to Work Week Eureka
- Tuesday May 16: Eureka Mural Ride, departing at 5:30 pm from under the Samoa Bridge. Take a loop around Old Town and up to Henderson Center to enjoy some of Eureka’s murals.
- Thursday May 18: Bike to Work Day Eureka. Energizer Station at Eureka Co-Op 7am-9:30am
- Friday May 19: Bike-thru Breakfast at Revolution Bikes Eureka store, 7am-9am.
- Saturday May 20: Bicycle Celebration and Expo at the Jefferson Community Center Park (1000 A Street, Eureka) 11am-2pm. See poster for details of group rides.
- Saturday May 20: Arcata Bike Rodeo Creamery District, 10am-12pm. Contact Jak Kirchubel email@example.com
- Memorial Weekend: Follow along the human-powered Kinetic Sculpture Race or join the Bigfoot Big Life ride.
- More info Northcoast Environmental Center | Bike Party Humboldt(FB) | Bike Month Humboldt (FB) BikeMonthHumboldt.org
And over at the Bike Kitchen we’re fixing up donation bikes and getting them back out into the community. We are no longer requiring masks be worn at the BK. We’ve had a big uptick in folks coming in to work on their own bikes. We’re also seeing more of our bike mechanic friends coming by in their spare time to help with the backlog of donation bikes.
We’re hoping to recruit a few more lead mechanics and concierges so we can open another day or two but it won’t be long now before the Bike Kitchen is back in full swing.